We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
It is no doubt emotional that you will go to this first meeting. Seven in number according to the code of health, these exams punctuate your pregnancy. A combination of technical acts and listening moments, they ensure you an adequate follow-up for your health and that of your future baby.
First prenatal visit, details
- When? From the beginning of the second month of pregnancy and before the end of the third month (that is to say before the fourteenth week of absence of menstruation). It can be done with a doctor or midwife.
- Why ? This first interview will confirm the pregnancy, explain the chronology, know your family life, establish a complete medical assessment and provide the necessary examinations. That's why it lasts at least 45 minutes.
- Gynecological surveillance: the midwife or gynecologist will ask you about your last rules to determine the date of your delivery. By deduction, you will know the dates of your pre- and post-natal leave.
- Monitoring your living environment : your personal, family and professional lifestyle, criteria that count for the smooth progress of your pregnancy. Do not hesitate to entrust, from now on, your material or psychological worries.
- The medical examination: surgical antecedents, gynecological, allergies, existence or not of a genetic disease are evoked. A general examination including measurement of weight, height, blood pressure, auscultation of the heart and an examination of your breasts will also be done. Not systematic, a vaginal touch can also be done to inform about the volume of your uterus.
- The risk of trisomy 21 evaluated earlier. Following the recommendations of the High Authority of Health of June 2009, the risk of trisomy is now evaluated earlier and in a combined way: the ultrasound reflects the thickness of the neck of the future baby, plus a dose of blood measuring the amount of two hormones of placental origin. The two exams are now done during the 1st trimester (between the 11th and the 13th week of amenorrhea), whereas they were formerly carried out in the 1st and 2nd trimesters. What to be reassured as soon as possible!
1 2 3